The CLINIC IS NOW OPEN FOR APPROVED VISITORS -CALL AHEAD
The CLINIC IS NOW OPEN FOR APPROVED VISITORS -CALL AHEAD
We have been diligently working towards putting all of the necessary safety precautions and protocols in place in preparation for the green light from the Ontario government and our professional organization.
As we begin a gradual and careful return to our place of business, we want to assure you that every appropriate infection control, hygiene and physical distancing measure is in place to ensure the safety of our patients, support staff and health care providers. You can view the comprehensive list of measures listed below.
If you’re an existing client, our team will reach out to you with information necessary to restart or discharge your program of care.
We will be prioritizing conditions to ensure that the benefits of in-person treatment outweigh the risks associated with COVID-19 infection . We will also be providing virtual rehabilitation for many clients as this is an excellent option at this time.
If you’re a new client, please reach out to us and schedule a pre-screening appointment at 905-725-8359. You will be screened over the phone and booked accordingly.
We have adopted measures recommended by our professional organizations (College of Physiotherapists of Ontario) and Ontario Public Health. We have also completed a full risk assessment of our clinic and have come up with stringent health and safety protocols.
Social Distancing & Personal Protection
· The waiting room has been rearranged and clearly marked to observe two-metre social distancing
· Sneeze guards have been installed at the front desk
· Appointment times are staggered to ensure everyone can maintain two-metres physical distancing.
· There will be a maximum number of people permitted in the building at one time.
· We are emailing consent and intake forms when possible.
· Signage throughout the clinic reminding people to keep safe physical distancing – two metres while in clinic
· All of our therapists will have appropriate Protective Personal Equipment including: gloves, mask, face shield and gowns/scrubs/labcoats.
· We are also asking all patients to wear face masks in the clinic
· We are conducting virtual care and rehabilitation
We offer contactless payment options
Hand Washing & Sanitizing
· We have strict protocols for hand washing and hand sanitizing. Patients must wash and disinfect their hands before entering and again before leaving the clinic
· All fabric surfaces is sprayed and disinfected after each client
· Cleaning protocols include regular and frequent disinfecting of common areas and high-use surfaces after every client or staff contact
· We have hand sanitizers in each room and in all open areas for use
· We change the treatment table linens (sheets, pillow cases, towels, exam table paper) and sanitize each table or equipment after each appointment
· To further protect our patients and staff, we are asking patients to bring in their own exercise equipment (resistance bands/tubes, etc)if possible
A two-step screening protocol will be implemented before you enter the clinic – including a passive screen over the telephone and an active screening at the door to the clinic. You will be required to sign a screening form and waiver before any treatment.
If you are experiencing any respiratory or flu-like symptoms or have travelled to any areas where the Coronavirus is spreading, we would ask that you wait a period of 14 days before coming to an appointment. Please call us and we would be happy to reschedule your appointment.
· We are asking all clients to please wear their own face masks during treatment sessions.
· If you do not have a mask, we will help you source one.
· Please wash or disinfect your hands upon entering the clinic and again before you leave.
· We are asking patients to arrive 5 to 10 minutes prior for curb side check in, so your appointment will not be disrupted for its duration.
Curbside check in-For safety of our patients, visitors and staff, please call the clinic when you arrive, once your space is ready in the clinic and infection control is complete, we will call you into the clinic.
· We are also reminding patients to use the restroom at home before their appointment.
· We are emailing consent and intake forms when possible
No guests are allowed in the clinic unless it’s a guardian or interpreter, which will be scheduled accordingly.
We will continue to keep informed with Public Health protocols and implement any recommended safety measures that aren’t already in place. We thank you for taking the time to read this and doing your part in ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all.
Virtual Rehabilitation or Tele-Rehab is an alternative to receiving direct therapy in-clinic. Virtual and Tele-rehabilitation are suitable alternatives given the current circumstances and part of the scope of practice of physiotherapists.
We are using a secure and encrypted video software called Embodia for all virtual appointments. Embodia uses the Zoom Health platform to host the appointments. This is different from the regular Zoom platform and it complies with HIPAA and PIPEDA (health privacy legislation).
Once you book an appointment with your therapist, you will receive a link to your appointment via e-mail. You will need to download the Zoom program onto your phone, tablet, or computer, if you do not already have it.
From there, you will receive a consent form and an intake form if you are new to our clinic, and you will connect with a therapist at your scheduled appointment time.
During your appointment, your therapist will be able to see you and you will be able to see them. Just like the first part of an appointment in the clinic, your therapist will ask you questions to understand your specific needs and how we can help.
For the treatment part of your appointment, we share our knowledge and techniques with you so that you can succeed in implementing the program at home on your own.
Our therapists will be able to provide the assistance you need to navigate this new format of therapy. You also have the option of receiving therapy by way of regular telephone communication.